I haven't been posting many of our meals because I'm trying to figure out how to organize this blog more. Also, Daylight Savings time is a big giant ho that has been really messing with my kiddos sleeping. Argh!
Anyway, one my friends Amanda wanted the corned beef recipe so here we go with today's meals.
Paleo Breakfast Muffins and fresh mango. I got the recipe for the muffins from Paleo Munch. Thanks!
- 7 eggs
- Canadian Bacon or Back Bacon
- Butter or coconut oil
- Whatever else you like (broccoli, mushrooms, leeks, asparagus, etc
- Use butter or coconut oil to line each cup of a muffin or cupcake tray. Make sure there is a sufficient coating on the tray as sometimes if the tray is well used the breakfast muffins tend to stick
- Line each muffin cup with about two pieces of bacon. I’ve used both less and more bacon, and it seems that two pieces of back bacon line the cup most effectively, while still allowing for enough egg and filling mixture to be placed inside of it.
- Scramble up the eggs in a bowl
- Gently pour even amounts (about 2/3rds) into each bacon filled cup. Remember that when the egg cooks it will rise!
- Drop whatever you want to fill the breakfast muffin with gently into the egg mixture. I like to use tomatoes, mushrooms and even broccoli, but you could really use anything you like!
- Cook for around 15-20 minutes in the oven at 180 degrees C/350 degrees F
- If you would like to brown the top of the muffins, place them under the grill for a minute or two. Be careful not to burn them!
Cooked some bacon, tossed the asparagus in with it, chopped some apples and heated up some leftover flank steak. Simple :)
I got dinner started after breakfast because I was making it in the crock pot. In honor of Saint Patrick's Day, we bought a cabbage and corned beef at Costco. I don't like raw meat sitting in my fridge for long so I figured we could eat this one today and maybe buy another one for the 17th.